Friday, August 15, 2014

Apple Cake - Baked Today

Here it is before baking. I used a corning ware baking dish that was the size called for in the recipe. An 8" round or square would have been better. There wasn't much batter. I used raw sugar and coconut oil in the batter and raw sugar/cinnamon and real butter for the topping. Granulated sugar might have been better. Not sure.

It was more like shortbread than cake. I used only one pink lady apple. It was rather dry but I liked it. My baking powder was probably too old because it didn't rise much. Ice cream on top would have been good but I didn't have any. Anyway, I baked it and ate it. Yum.

2 comments:

Karen in VA (was CT) said...

It looks yummy .. I would love it risen or not .. You are so industrious ... Congrats.

We went to see The Hundred Foot Journey with Helen Mirren .. it was good ... I just want to cook up a storm now.

Happy Weekend

The Queen Vee said...

It looks delicious to me. I'm not a big ice cream eater but I confess I do love a warm apple baked recipe with a small scoop of good vanilla ice cream.