Sunday, November 16, 2014

Yesterday's Guest

Webster and I had an all-day visitor yesterday. Henry enjoyed it as did the Wonder Dog. Our guest went home late in the night and Tabitha was happy, once again. She sleeps with one eye open when he's around. I'm trying to gear up for an open house at my listing today and I must confess I'm not looking forward to it because the house has no heat. I showed it yesterday and almost froze in 45 minutes. Today I'll dress like an Eskimo and close up early when I can no longer feel my feet. It's not worth getting sick, is it? I'm sure the viewing public will understand. I am going armed with a sign to post when I close up. Wish me luck. xo

7 comments:

Catherine said...

He is adorable!

tammy j said...

oh my goodness!
and i'm thinking it's not the best way to show its great features if it's freezing cold in there anyway.
be careful dear heart.
truer words were never spoken...
no. it's NOT worth getting sick.
always love visits from little henry!
xo

Sunny said...

Do you have a little portable heater you could bring? And no, it's not worth your getting sick!

Gail, northern California said...

Is this the circa 1780 home? I hope it sells, and sells to someone who will turn on the heat, warm its lovely bones, and start making memories within those tired walls.

Good luck, Rosemary. Add another layer.

The Queen Vee said...

Please tell us that you took a thermos of Hot Coco or Tea with you today. You are right, we don't want you getting sick.

My sister lives in the Denver area and this past week they got a whomping with the polar vortex. Record breaking lows and her furnace went out. You know what that's like.

Hope your listing sells quickly.

Karen in VA (was CT) said...

Aw ... So exciting to see the darling Henry again. How lucky his master is that Henry has a great second home.

How did the open house go today? It's all about the insulated boots and socks. Think about all those people who go to outdoor football games in winter. I seriously don't know how they survive.

I hope it sells.

Karen in VA

Content in a Cottage said...

Karen in VA -- I dressed properly and survived quite well in a house that is just framed inside with no electricity or heat. Dressing properly was the key. I did close up early because there wasn't much interest on a gray gloomy day.
xo, Rosemary