Sunday, July 24, 2016

Clouds Change So Much in One Hour

I took this cloudscape from my balcony last night at 7:41. I mowed the back of my property a little over a week ago. My front lawn is an embarrassment it's so long. I am waiting for the perfect weather that hasn't happened yet. I plan to wait until this heat wave is over before using my walk-behind mower.

I took this big sky photo at 8:42. I guess all of the humidity we had during the day went into cloud making. 

I turned off my central air last night and it was so nice to hear the chirping insects that sang and chirped me to sleep. Open windows at night in the summer are the best. So far, there hasn't been one night that I slept with the A/C on. So happy. Enjoy your Sunday and stay cool. xo

3 comments:

jusaweecatnap said...

I agree about sleeping with the windows open. Love the call and response chorus of crickets and katydids at night, and the operatic soloist cicadas during the day.
Maybe you need some sheep to tend the lawn. Wouldn't it be cute?

Content in a Cottage said...

justaweecatnap -- I was thinking of asking a friend to bring over her two goats! I only have 1.9 acres and the soning for my lot and block requires 3 acres to have farm animals. There is nothing in the zoning about farm animals that come to visit!!! Having long grass in the front is nothing new for me. Somehow I usually keep up with the back because I can do all of that on my riding mower. The front is somewhat tight but I will have to use my snapper riding mower there too when the mood strikes me. It slings grass and I have to be careful to point it away from the house. Then there will be raking and trimming before I can use my walk behind mower to finish the job. Such is life in the summer.
xo, Rosemary

The Queen Vee said...

So far there hasn't been one night, since arriving on June 18th, that we have been able to turn the AC off. I think that will start to change in August. Love your clouds, I love our clouds too. I miss the bug noises, especially those noisy cicadas. We have crickets but I haven't heard them chirpy near my cottage, probably because we don't have any landscaping in yet.

1.9 acres...you AMAZE me Rosemary.