Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Images from My Cottage

Storm clouds over my balcony on Sunday at dusk. Moments after I took this photo, the heavens opened up and it started pouring.

The grape hyacinths are blooming and I adore the deep vivid blue color of this sweet spring flowering bulb.

This clump of jonquils is bigger than ever this year. I did everything in the book to them after they bloomed last season to ensure a splashy return and it worked. They are planted in a raised bed outside my mom's bedroom on the lower level of my cottage where she had her own quarters. She had to give up her condo in Charlotte after turning in her driver's license due to her diminishing eyesight. I actually bought my cottage with this living arrangement in mind. We had such fun furnishing the whole lower floor together with treasures from consignment shops and yard sales. She still missed her independence but adjusted to having me be her eyes. I can remember when she planted these bulbs that have numerous blooms in the clump to remind me of the 10 years we had here in my cottage.

The wild violets are back in my front yard. I love them and leave them alone by not mowing my grass for as long as I can hold off.

I have posted all of these photos on Instagram so many of you have already seen them. xo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna was such a beautiful lady.
seeing her in posts was always a treat. and i loved the unique way she dressed too. i'm so glad you could have that time with her living close to you.
i lost my own mother when i was 26. we never stop missing them do we. xo

Content in a Cottage said...

tammy j -- Nobody loves you like your mother. Thank you for your kind words about Anna. I am so sorry you didn't have yours as long as I had mine. They live in our hearts now.
xo, Rosemary

jusaweecatnap said...

A dear story about your mother. All lovely pictures; I'm so happy the snow is gone and spring is here. My favorite is the cloud picture. Really dramatic.